QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes personal data in the scope of its activities for the purpose of promoting and marketing its products and services. These processing operations are carried out in compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, applicable since 25 May 2018 (hereinafter referred to as the "GDPR"), French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 and any other regulations in force
"Personal data" or "personal information" is any information that directly or indirectly identifies an individual, such as, for example, a first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, account or player identifier, voice or image (in a photograph or video footage).
QUANTIC DREAM does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, please do not send us any personal information about yourself. If we learn that we collected personal information from someone under 16 years of age, we will delete it as soon as possible.
If you are the holder of parental authority over a minor under the age of 16 and you believe that we inadvertently received personal information about him, please contact us, and we will delete the information from our systems as soon as possible.
- WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes your personal information when you use its Services or when you interact with QUANTIC DREAM.
This can be done, in particular, in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide us with information, for example by contacting us, (2) we automatically collect information when you use the Services, for example, via cookies or our games, and (3) third parties, such as game platforms, may provide us with information about you.
The following are examples of situations in which personal information is collected (non-exhaustive list):
- You use our Services;
- You contact QUANTIC DREAM for any reason or question, including technical support of our Services or customer service of our Eshop;
- You make an online purchase through our Eshop, create a customer account for this purpose;
- You request or agree to receive information and/or offers on our Services (e.g. newsletters or press packages for professional use, you wish to be alerted by email of the availability of a product on our Eshop);
- You participate in contests, sweepstakes, or a survey;
- You share content and/or information about our media, during special or promotional operations or our social networks;
We collect, use, share, store, or process your personal information only when we have the appropriate legal basis.
When collecting the data, you will be informed whether certain data is mandatory or optional. Data identified by an asterisk in the collection forms is mandatory. Otherwise, the processing of your request may be restricted.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
- . Information passively collected when you use our Services
When consulting our web, cookies may be placed on the computer, tablet or any terminal used by the User. This allows the analysis of page or content traffic and the improvement of our web sites. Cookies are used according to their nature and for the purposes indicated below.
The User has the possibility to accept or reject the cookies using the mechanism integrated in the banner or the tools described below.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie (hereinafter the "Cookie(s)") is a text file deposited on a terminal when visiting a website or viewing an advertisement. The purpose of a Cookie is to collect information relating to the User's browsing on the website for the purpose of analysis and to send the User personalized services and content.
Identification of Cookies
Generally Speaking, there are different types of cookies:
- Third Party Cookies and Proprietary Cookies
A Cookie is known as "proprietary" or "third party" according to the domain from which it originates. Proprietary Cookies are those installed by the website when the User is consulting it. Third-party Cookies are Cookies installed by a domain other than that of the website (for example, a cookie may be placed on the website by a third-party advertising agency). When a User consults the website and another entity installs a Cookie via the website, this Cookie is a third-party Cookie.
- Session Cookies
These Cookies allow the website operators to follow the actions of a User during a browsing session. The browsing session begins as soon as the User opens the browser window and ends when he/she closes this window. Session Cookies are temporary in nature. Once the browser is closed, all Session Cookies are deleted.
- Persistent Cookies
These Cookies remain on the User's device after closing the session of his/her browser for the duration set by each of these Cookies. They are activated each time the User consults the website.
What types of Cookies does QUANTIC DREAM use and for what purposes?
Various types of Cookies are used on our web sites, they have different purposes. Some are necessary to use our web sites, others are optional according to the choice of the User.
- Technical Cookies strictly necessary
These Cookies are necessary for the operation of our web sites. They allow the User to use the main functionalities of our Services. Without these Cookies, the User cannot use the web sites normally. These Cookies only require information from the User to be deposited on his terminal and do not allow any behavioural or identification monitoring. The partner of our digital e-commerce solution (Shopify) uses certain cookies necessary for the functioning of our Eshop.
- Functional Personalization Cookies
These Cookies make it possible to personalize the experience of the User on the web sites by memorizing his preferences and allow in particular :
- adaptation of the presentation of the web site concerned to the display preferences of the terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when the User visits the web site, according to the hardware and browsers,
- storage of information relating to the forms that the User has filled in on the Service or to information that the User has chosen on the Service (in particular the Eshop);
- provision to the User of access to his/her Customer account on our Eshop or to any other reserved space thanks to his/her identifiers;
- implementation of security measures, for example when the User is asked to reconnect to a content or a web site after a certain period of time has elapsed.
- Audience Measurement Cookies
QUANTIC DREAM uses audience measurement cookies that help to establish statistics on the frequentation and use of the various elements making up the Services (sections and content visited, browsing). They enable QUANTIC DREAM to improve the interest and ergonomics of the Services.
QUANTIC DREAM uses audience measurement cookies Google Analytics. The User can obtain more information about the Google Analytics service by visiting https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
The data collected may be subject to cross-border flow outside the EU via Google Analytics technology.
- Marketing Cookies
Our digital e-commerce solution partner (Shopify) may set certain cookies for the purpose of reporting and analyzing data, Users behavior and interactions for analytics and/or marketing purposes. You can find more information on https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies ("Merchant Storefronts" section).
How can the User manage Cookies?
Management by the User of the deposit of Cookies:
The User can manage the deposit of Cookies in the following way:
- The deposit of strictly necessary technical Cookies is activated by default and cannot be deactivated by the User, as these Cookies are essential to the functioning of the web site,
- The User deactivates or activates the implementation of Cookies subject to the collection of his consent (Cookies for audience measurement etc.) via the "Cookies" banner of the web site concerned. Any deactivation will result in the User refusing to accept the Cookie in question,
- By continuing his navigation, i.e. when the User has clicked on an element of the web site (image, link etc.) or has gone to another page of the web site, the User validates the implementation of Cookies, according to the default setting proposed.
If the User deactivates the recording of Cookies in his/her terminal or browser, or if he/she deletes those recorded there, the User is informed that his/her browsing and experience on the web site concerned may be different from other Users who have activated Cookies (non-personalised content). This could also be the case when QUANTIC DREAM or one of its service providers is unable to recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. Where applicable, QUANTIC DREAM declines all liability for the consequences of the Service's degraded operation resulting from the refusal of Cookies by the User.
The User may also object to Google Analytics cookies by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr.
For more information:
The User will find more information on cookies and in particular concerning their management on different browsers on the CNIL website (http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/) and on the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org/fr.
The User may also connect to the Youronlinechoices website, which is offered by digital advertising professionals grouped together within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France. The User may thus be informed of the companies registered on this platform and which offer the possibility of refusing or accepting the Cookies used by these companies to adapt the advertisements likely to be displayed on his device to the User's browsing information at: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
- When using our games or our online Services, we, or our service providers, may collect, store and process, among other things, the following information for user statistics purposes: data about your hardware and software configuration (e.g. when installing a game and when changing your computer's hardware), IP address, device IDs, game or usage data, including, but not limited to, your score, game statistics, performance, rankings, connection time, time played, actions taken, and other usage statistics or similar information.
We (or our services providers) may also collect, store, and use anonymous data about you.
- Specific pieces of information, such as the IP address and User ID, may be collected by QUANTIC DREAM or its service providers for the purpose of authenticating software products, preventing fraud and piracy, or to help us identify and correct errors and bugs in our games.
2.2 Information you choose to provide when using our Services or during special or promotional operations
We may ask you for various information to answer your questions when for instance you contact us by email via the "Contact" page of our website or when you contact the Technical Support for our Services or Customer Service of our Eshop.
When you make an online purchase through our Services (e.g. our Eshop), you can create a customer account and provide your contact details and payment card information necessary to complete the purchase. Transaction details are kept by our external service providers.
You will be able to manage your personal information from your customer account.
If you give your consent, we may send you commercial or promotional information and offers about our games and other services. You can unsubscribe at any time.
To participate in contests, sweepstakes, or surveys, you may be required to provide certain personal data such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address, and country of residence. This information will only be used for the purpose of participating in these events.
When you apply for a job or internship offer, the information collected is used to manage and process your application.
When you participate in one of our special or promotional operations (such as "Myquanticstory" for example), we may process the personal information that you have agreed to provide to us (your video testimonials for example).
2.3 Information we may receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties such as social networks, game platforms, and third-party websites, etc. These third parties may, for example, offer to share some of your data with us including your email address to receive certain communications and offers related to our games or products. They may provide us with information such as your User name, User ID, your pseudonym for the purpose of operating our Services, improving your gaming experience (gameplay) or for statistical, fraud or piracy prevention purposes. You authorize us to collect, store, and use the information you agreed to provide via the third-party in question.
- WHY AND HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 Purposes and legal bases
QUANTIC DREAM collects and processes your personal data in this way:
a. Because they are necessary for the proper performance of a contract between us, this includes in particular:
- To allow you to use the Services, for example, under an end-user license agreement;
- To enable you to make purchases within the scope of our Services and to enable us to process, manage, and track your orders, as well as to manage customer service as part of a sales contract for an online purchase (through our Eshop for instance);
- To assist you with technical support for our Services.
b. On the basis of our legitimate interests, this includes in particular:
- To improve Services and gaming experiences (game data analysis...)
- To offer contests and other commercial events;
- To prevent and detect irregular, fraudulent, behaviour including payment fraud, etc., and to ensure compliance with our General Terms & Conditions and any other text you accept when using our Services;
- To measure the performance of our marketing campaigns,
- to indicate to a customer that his/her shopping cart on our Eshop is still available and/or will soon expire.
In the event of fraud, or obvious abuse, we reserve the right to restrict or suspend your access to our Services. The IP address or other identifier may be used to identify you in this regard.
c. On the basis of your consent:
- To send you communications and promotional or commercial offers, newsletters, and press content, etc.
- as part of our special or promotional operations.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect in any way the lawfulness of previous processing operations based on the said consent.
- On the basis of compliance with our legal obligations, in particular to comply with our accounting and tax obligations or if the law requires us to keep certain data.
We take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for your information by encrypting some of your personal data and limiting access to your data to people in our company and to subcontractors on a need to know basis. However, QUANTIC DREAM does not guarantee absolute security of your personal data.
QUANTIC DREAM also cannot guarantee that a third-party site, to which you had access via our Services and that can process your personal information on its own behalf, has implemented the same security practices.
We regularly check the effectiveness of our security measures and may temporarily suspend our Services if we suspect or detect a security breach.
We may share personal information that we collect within our group of companies.
When browsing the QUANTIC DREAM website, or when using the Services, or during our special or promotional operations external suppliers may collect your personal data on behalf of QUANTIC DREAM, and QUANTIC DREAM may share some of your personal data or information with these partners, subcontractors, or suppliers to enable the Services to operate (e.g. to process your online purchase through our Eshop, to deliver products, to provide customer service), to fight against fraud and piracy, to provide customer technical support for the Services, to correct bugs in our games, to propose surveys, the organization of special, promotional operations or contests send our newsletter, collect game data, or process your application for a job or internship offer. External and services providers must comply with all laws or regulations relating to the use of your personal data, including the GDPR.
We may also disclose your personal data to the competent authorities, at their request, in connection with legal proceedings, judicial investigations, and requests for information by the authorities, or to comply with other legal obligations.
3.4 Data transfer outside the European Union
Your personal information may be transferred, stored, and processed by companies in our group as well as affiliates, shareholders and subsidiaries, subcontractors and/or partners of QUANTIC DREAM, located in countries outside the European Union such as China or the United States.
Some recipients of personal data may be located in countries that are not considered to provide an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission. In this case, QUANTIC DREAM will take all necessary measures to ensure a sufficient level of protection of your personal information, either by regulating these transfers through the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by ensuring that these transfers are made to companies with a “Privacy Shield” certification, or any equivalent agreement, or by using all appropriate guarantees referred to in Article 46 of the GDPR.
- How long WILL your information BE STORED?
We store your personal data during the entire period of legal prescription. The archiving period starts from the end of the processing.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, you have a number of rights relating to your personal data, namely:
- A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible way about the way your data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation that the data concerning you is being processed and, if necessary, (ii) access to and obtain a copy of such data.
- A right of rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data concerning you. You also have the right to correct incomplete data concerning you, by providing a supplementary declaration. In case of exercise of this right, we undertake to communicate any rectification to all recipients of your data.
- A right of deletion: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the deletion of your data. However, this is not an absolute right and we may retain this data for legal or legitimate reasons.
- A right to processing limitation: in some cases, you have the right to obtain processing limitation on your data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your data that you provided to us, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a machine, for your personal use or to transmit such data to a third party of your choice. This right only applies when the processing of your data is based on your consent, on a contract, or when it is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for processing based on our legitimate interest, a public interest mission, and for commercial prospecting purposes. This is not an absolute right and we may for legal or legitimate reasons refuse your request for opposition.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time: you can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data if the processing is based on your consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal.
- The right to give instructions about the fate of your data after your death: you have the right to give us instructions about the use of your data after your death.
To exercise these rights, please send your request:
- By e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- By mail to: Quantic Dream, 56 Boulevard Davout, 75020 Paris, France
Please attach a copy of your identity card or equivalent.
QUANTIC DREAM will respond to your request within one month of receiving your request.
In accordance with the GDPR, this period may be extended by two further months if necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests received by Quantic Dream.
In this case, we will inform you of the extension and the reason for it within one month of receiving your request.
QUANTIC DREAM has appointed VIRTUAL DPO as the outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions, you can go directly to our DPO's website www.virtual-dpo.fr or www.mondelegueauxdonnees.fr .
You can also address any complaints to the national supervisory authority in your country, such as the CNIL if you are a French resident.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services may contain hypertext links to other websites. As we have no control over these third-party websites, we cannot be held responsible for the confidentiality of data transmitted to websites that we do not publish.
QUANTIC DREAM is not responsible for the use of your personal data by these third parties. Please remember to check the privacy policies of any service provider to whom you transfer your personal data.
In the event of important or significant changes affecting the purposes of processing or even the categories of data collected, a notification via an insert (pop-up) published on our website or by email to the holders of an account on our site will be made. The changes made will come into force 30 days after such notification.
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Quantic Dream, 56 Boulevard Davout, 75020 Paris, France
You can also contact VIRTUAL DPO, our outsourced Data Protection Officer, at: email@example.com.
Last Update: April 2021